The Hospital Leader is responsible for the efficient and successful functionality of the veterinary hospital, diagnostic lab, and necropsy. This role will oversee all daily hospital operations and supply/equipment management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in science or management field required.
• Five years of experience in a veterinary or clinical laboratory field required.
• Must have 3 years of experience in a supervisory position demonstrating superior leadership and teamwork skills.
• Professional certification as an ASCP Certified Medical Technologist, or Certified Veterinary Technician, or Certified Veterinary Practice Manager is preferred.
• AZA or Affiliate accredited zoo experience preferred.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications. Previous experience with SAP and TRACKS preferred.
• Must have a working knowledge of the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Current ambassadors applying should not have any significant performance deficiencies within a six month period.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 lbs. and on occasion, stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays.
• Must be willing to comply with and ensure ambassadors comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
• Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes and maintains a positive atmosphere which ensures the highest level of ambassador performance and guest service while enforcing and complying with safety procedures and guidelines.
• Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
• Encourage and demonstrate confidentiality and professional communication internally and with all departments that interact with the Zoological department
• Hire, supervise, train, and coach ambassadors while ensuring proper training and development in accordance with SEA guidelines.
• Provide excellent service to guests and ambassadors-be accountable for superior results by enthusiastically focusing on quality and continuous improvement.
• Assist with development and implantation of area and department goals.
• Conduct ambassador performance reviews and promote ambassador recognition.
• Maintain open and continuous lines of communication with Zoological leaders.
• Maintain inventory and conduct all departmental purchasing.
• Ensure maintenance of equipment and supply need.
• Plan and develop department’s annual budget in coordination with the Senior Leader of Zoological Operations.
• Oversee and update area standard operating procedures.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
How to Apply:
Apply online at: careers.seaworldparks.com
SeaWorld San Antonio
10500 Sea World Drive
San Antonio, TX 78251