Thank you for your interest in touring The Marine Mammal Center during your attendance at The Society for Marine Mammalogy conference in San Francisco, California.
The Center will host a very limited number of free tours for conference attendees on Saturday, December 19. The tour times are at 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. Space is limited to 25 people per tour; please make your reservation early.
You may register here (follow the steps listed below to complete your registration):
1. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see a calendar (center) and a program listing (left).
2. Click on the program titled “Society for Marine Mammalogy Tour”.
3. Advance the calendar to the month of December (using the right arrow, if needed) and click on the calendar cell for Saturday, December 19.
4. Click on the rust-colored button that says “RESERVE”.
5. Click on the second rust-colored button that says “CHECK OUT”.
6. On the next page, complete the registration information, including selecting the tour time you want to join (12:00 or 2:00 p.m.) and the number of people in your group (from the pull down menu options).
7. Click “Continue”
8. On the next page (Shopping Cart), click “Checkout”
9. On the final page, you will be asked to provide your contact information, then click “SAVE”.
10. You will be directed to a page with a receipt and you will be sent a confirmation to the email address you provided.
If these tour times are sold-out or you would like to visit the Center on a different day or time, you may join a tour offered to the general public. You can find information about booking one of these tours here:
http://tmmc.doubleknot.com/event/calendar/3026. Please note that a small registration fee applies for these tours.
Getting to the Center
The Center is located in the Marin Headlands, part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. The Center is accessible by car, bicycle, and public transport busses (on a very limited basis on Saturdays and Sundays only). While bicycling into the Headlands is possible, we recommend that bicyclists review the routes into and out of the park before making plans to cycle. Taxis can be booked into and out of the Headlands, but arrangements will need to be made ahead of time. There is not regular taxi traffic in the Headlands (no cab stands, etc…)
You can find more information about driving directions and public transportation options here: http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/visiting-us/directions.html#public_trans
If you have questions, please contact the Center’s education department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 289-7330.