Join our SeaWorld Abu Dhabi pre-opening team within the Dolphin, Sea Lion, Zoo Support & Rescue, Animal Ambassador sections. In this role, you will ensure a smooth and efficient operations of the SeaWorld Abu Dhabi facilities in Zoological Department by safely fulfilling the duties in animal/guest interactions, animal training, husbandry, enrichment, general public presentations, and research.
This position requires standing in a prolonged period, moves/lifts up to 25kgs of load; also requires to work in varying shifts based on business need. This includes opening, mid, and closing shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
Job scope includes:
– Performs daily husbandry tasks including administration of vitamins and medication as directed.
– Prepares food, provides proper nutrition and constant care of animals.
Maintains a safe, appropriate and sanitary living conditions for all animal habitats.
– Applies proficient behavioral modification techniques. This includes but is not limited in developing and implementing new behavior, training of naïve animals with minimum supervision, training behavior to completion without supervision, proactively maintaining conditioned behavior, and the ability to form relationships with most, if not all, of the animals in assigned area.
– Ensures guests, personal, and animals’ safety through constant monitoring of the behavioral precursors of potentially harmful behavior by both animals and people.
– Assists on the training of colleagues and animals as directed by the leadership.
– Provides proactive guest services through guest interactions, pre and post shows, and responding to guest inquiries.
– Performs assigned roles in education and general public programs, and guest interaction programs.
– Makes daily observations of animals and reports any abnormalities to the leadership team.
– Maintains all animal records, equipment, area responsibilities, and communication requirements on a daily basis.
– Functions as Ambassador by displaying consideration, tolerance, cooperation, open communication, and reliability; maintains a consistent attitude, motivation, and ability to accept feedback.
– Ensures all policies, guidelines, manuals and SOPs are followed at all times.
– Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
– Delivers department trainings as well as completes all required trainings; ensures in maintaining professional development and competencies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
– College background in Psychology, Zoology or Biology, diploma, or equivalent
– 2 years of relatable animal experience in a professional setting
– Demonstrate an understanding of marine mammal husbandry and training principles and techniques
– Open Water SCUBA certification. Otherwise, must pass a swim test during the hiring process.
– Ability to successfully pass an area swim test within the first 60 days of hire
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
– Basic mathematical skill
– Basic computer knowledge including MS Office and animal recording system
Interested in this opportunity? Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com