Marine Acoustics, Inc.’s (MAIs) Environmental Programs division is seeking to hire an experienced Marine Scientist with environmental compliance, project management, and technical writing expertise. Knowledge of marine mammal or sea turtle ecology and animat modeling are advantages. Must be an organized and efficient multi-tasker with solid time management skills.
Environmental Programs is a tightknit group that includes acoustic modelers/analysts, ocean engineers, marine mammal bioacousticians, and biological oceanographers. These experts in their fields work together collaboratively to support diverse marine projects that principally relate to the environmental effects of underwater sound on the marine biome.
• Manage projects including oversight of project budgets and timelines,
• Prepare and edit technical/project reports,
• Participate in client and federal regulator meetings,
• Handle client correspondence,
• Prepare proposals,
• Derive marine animal population and movement parameters.
• Master's degree in Biological Oceanography, Marine Biology, Marine Sciences, or another related discipline with relevant experience,
• Knowledge of federal environmental compliance regulations and processes,
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance; eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship,
• Project management experience (ideally 3 years),
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Additional Desired Requirements:
•Experience or familiarity with animat modeling and related acoustic exposure analysis,
•Data analysis experience,
•Life and disability insurance
•401(k) and profit sharing
•Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
•Paid vacations, sick time, and holidays.
MAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If qualified, please send credentials to:
Director, Environmental Programs
Marine Acoustics, Inc.