Marine Eco-Physiology – Assistant/Associate/Full Researcher (Biology Section)
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
Position title: Researcher/Associate Researcher/Assistant Researcher Salary range: Salary will be based on University of California pay scales. Application Window
Open date: January 11, 2023
Next review date: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, Nov 30, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
RESEARCH POSITION (MARINE ECOPHYSIOLOGY) AT SCRIPPS INSTITUTION OF OCEANOGRAPHY, UCSD – BIOLOGY SECTION
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO) at the University of California San Diego (http://scripps.ucsd.edu) invites applications for a full-time Researcher position in the research area of Marine Ecophysiology.
The ideal candidate will use interdisciplinary approaches to address both basic and applied questions about the ecophysiology of marine organisms. We are particularly interested in candidates whose research examines one or more of the following:
(1) Physiology of marine organisms at any level, including cellular and organismal levels.
(2) Effects of global change on the physiology of marine organisms.
(3) Linkages between physiological response and population or community change.
(4) Applications of physiological insights in engineering solutions to challenges of marine resource management.
The Researcher series at SIO parallels the Professor series in terms of independent research and service, but it carries no teaching requirements. Researchers receive 25% of their annual salary support from institutional sources. Researchers are expected to establish an externally funded research program that provides the remainder of their salary support. Researchers at SIO often serve as undergraduate and graduate student advisors.
We seek a motivated, broad-thinking scientist to develop a vigorous research group and provide intellectual leadership in their field while complementing existing expertise in the Biology Section. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to excellence in research as well as service toward building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment. We anticipate hiring at the Assistant Researcher level, but exceptionally well-qualified candidates may be considered for the Associate Researcher or Full Researcher levels.
Candidates should have a competitive record of publication, as well as evidence of the ability to conduct and fund an active research program consistent with the appointment level. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have extramural salary support at the time of appointment. Rank and salary will depend on qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
SIO is a world-renowned center of marine research with approximately 200 principal investigators leading research programs on all aspects of earth, ocean, biological and atmospheric sciences. SIO is dedicated to advancing belonging, accessibility, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BAJEDI) for all who are or wish to be members of our community. We welcome candidates who have had non-traditional career paths or who have taken time off for family reasons, or who have achieved excellence in careers outside academia. Information about SIO's ongoing diversity efforts may be found here: https://scripps.ucsd.edu/diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate a commitment to promoting and contributing to BAJEDI in SIO's educational, research, and work environments.
Basic qualifications (Required at Time of Application)
• PhD in Marine Biology with emphasis in eco-physiology or related field.
• Research experience in the area of Marine Ecophysiology
• Evidence of extramural salary support at the time of appointment
• Competitive record of publications
• Experience with graduate student advising
Research in physiology of marine organisms including cellular and organismal levels
• Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter
• Statement of Research
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our http://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/recruitment/contributions-to-diversity.html site for more information.
• Optional Covid-19 Pandemic Statement – We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic may have had a substantial impact on academic productivity. In our academic hiring processes, we will be keeping this in mind as we consider achievement relative to opportunity. We encourage you to reflect on constraints on opportunity in your field that were caused by the events of the pandemic and where applicable, to discuss your achievements in this light.
• Misc / Additional (Optional)
• 3 required (contact information only)
Apply link: https://apptrkr.com/4107938
Help contact: mailto:email@example.com
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is eight weeks after their first date of employment.
The University of California prohibits https://smokefree.ucsd.edu/ use at all University controlled properties.
The UC San Diego Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.police.ucsd.edu/docs/annualclery.pdf. This report provides crime and fire statistics, as well as institutional policy statement & procedures. Contact the UC San Diego Police Department at (858) 534-4361 if you want to obtain paper copies of this report.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4107938
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.